Description of work: The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham is seeking a smart, creative and analytic marketing and communications intern who is capable and willing to complete a number of writing, organizational and online media tasks. The intern will assist the Director of Marketing & Communications with execution of the marketing/public relations objectives in accordance with the Foundation’s overall communications message and vision.
- Assist in maintaining and updating the Foundation’s social media platforms:
- Website: help post blogs, video interviews and events; connect with donors and grantees for story ideas
- Facebook and Twitter: post photos, videos and pertinent information
- Evaluate and maintain Pintrest, You Tube and other social media platforms
- Assist in research, writing, proofreading and assembling information for the Foundation’s newsletters, website and other collateral materials including, but not limited to fact sheets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, talking points.
- Analyze website and Facebook statistics and recommend modifications based on analytics.
- Support media relations efforts by assisting with posting news releases and media advisories to online sources and calendars.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Organize photo library
- Copywriting and social media knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, dependable, and the ability to handle multiple tasks while prioritizing and maintaining flexibility to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to details, ability to work independently, meet deadlines and good follow-through on tasks.
- Knowledge of CMS, Google Analytics and video editing software is a plus.
- Proficiency in computer technology, including Microsoft Office programs. Ability to utilize Adobe Creative Suite programs is desired.
Salary: $12/hour 15 to 20 hours/week
Beginning January 2015 (could work through summer)
Send Resume to: