Building unity is the central goal of the Instruments of Hope Unity Fund, a Field of Interest fund of the Community Foundation that seeks to develop a sustainable and permanent model for fostering civil discourse and action toward addressing the most complex challenges facing the greater Birmingham area.
The Instruments of Hope Unity Fund, established by founding donors Gail and Jeffrey Bayer, will support projects and programs that have the aim of strengthening unity by various means, including:
- Fostering mutual understanding and respect
- Promoting inclusive participation in public life
- Reducing prejudice
- Minimizing barriers to communication and cooperation across differences
- Cultivating a sense of shared fates and futures
- Advancing justice and peace
Throughout this year, the Instruments of Hope Unity Fund will explore resources and models, engage a variety of stakeholders and begin to lay the ground work to begin a grantmaking program in 2019.
Click here if you would like to participate through a donation to the Instruments of Hope Unity Fund.