Who is the most outstanding philanthropist in our community in 2012? Tough choice, but one that the Alabama Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals has been making for 30 years as part of our community’s annual National Philanthropy Day.
You have only four weeks left to submit your own nomination for the top awards in seven categories for 2012:
- William M. and Virginia B. Spencer Outstanding Philanthropist Award
- Outstanding Civic Leader Award
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham Outstanding Professional Advisor Award
- William S. Roth Outstanding Fundraising Executive Award
- Outstanding Charitable Organization Award
We can’t wait to see the nominations for the Professional Advisor Award, which we created with AFP in 2005 to honor the important role played by these professionals in shaping their clients’ charitable legacy. Consider the names of previous winners in this category alone: Harold Apolinsky, Charles Powell IV, Jerry Lanning, Judy Todd, Tom Armstrong, Lloyd Wilson and Kirby Sevier.
Your nomination means so much for what it shows about our great community. Follow this link to the nomination forms, then send with supporting material by regular mail or by e-mail by Friday, July 13. Also use that e-mail for additional questions from AFP.
Then mark your calendar for November 15, 2012, when the winners will be honored and we can all take pride in another special National Philanthropy Day celebration.