It’s great to see that Gillian and Mike Goodrich are the 2011 winners of the Virginia B. and William M. Spencer Outstanding Philanthropist Award from the Alabama Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. The Community Foundation co-nominated them for this award with United Way of Central Alabama.
We also have many connections with the rest of this year’s top winners and congratulate them all for their great work to change the world with their giving hearts.
- Outstanding Civic Leader: Garland Cook Smith.
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Alison “Alie B” Gorrie.
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham Outstanding Professional Advisor Award: Kirby Sevier.
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen, Colonial Properties.
- Outstanding Charitable Organization, Impact Alabama.
- William S. Roth Outstanding Fundraising Executive, Coke S. Matthews III.
Make sure you are there on November 15, 2011, as we all honor these top winners, the latest in an elite group that has been selected for the past 30 years as a way to remind us all of the impact of philanthropy on our community. This year’s even features a presentation by Collins Tuohy, daughter of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy of “The Blind Side” book and movie, who takes audiences through her journey with Michael Oher from fellow student to close friend, confidant and, ultimately, adoptive sister. A reception follows, at which winners will be honored. Make your reservation now on the AFP Alabama website.