AFP-Alabama Announces 2016 National Philanthropy Day Tickets
The Association of Fundraising Professionals – Alabama Chapter (AFP-AL) has a few tickets left for the 2016 National Philanthropy Day (NPD) Awards event on Thursday, November 10 at The Harbert Center beginning at 11:30am. National Philanthropy Day is an annual awards program that recognizes individuals and organizations whose life-time or long-term achievements have made a significant impact in our community. These awards are given in recognition of outstanding achievements by individual, foundation and corporate philanthropists, fundraising volunteers, and professional fundraising executives.
Tickets can be purchased at www.npdalabama.org and are available until Friday, November 4, 2016.
Award Winners Include:
- Outstanding Charitable Organization- Suki Foundation
- Outstanding Corporate Citizen- Full Moon Bar-B-Que
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy- McKenzie Hamby
- The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham Outstanding Professional Advisor- Elizabeth H. Hutchins
- United Way of Central Alabama Outstanding Civic Leader- Hatton C.V. Smith
- William M. and Virginia S. Spencer Outstanding Philanthropist- Sheryl and Jon Kimerling
- William S. Roth Outstanding Fundraising Executive- Linda Baker
The luncheon is generously sponsored by the Birmingham Business Journal, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham, United Way of Central Alabama, Protective Life, WBHM 90.3 FM, Morris Media Productions, Cornerstone Media and Cvent.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 30,000 members in 230 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The Association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. For more information, go to www.afpnet.org.