The LGBTQ Fund is a charitable endowment at the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham that supports programs in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount, and Walker counties which:
- Strengthen the infrastructure of organizations led by or serving LGBTQ persons
- Support the provision of services to LGBTQ youth, individuals and families
- Provide educational opportunities that highlight the needs of the LGBTQ community
- Advance collaboration between LGBTQ organizations and other community organizations
- Support nonprofit partners working on public policy and social justice issues that intersect with LGBTQ concerns
LGBTQ FUND AWARDED $40,000 MATCHING GRANT
The LGBTQ Fund has been recognized by a national foundation for LGBTQ issues. Our fund received a grant from their “Out in the South” initiative, which will match 50% of all donations up to $80,000! Our matching grant provides us with an amazing opportunity to accelerate our momentum.
Please make a donation now and help us maximize the matching grant and turn $80,000 into $120,000! Join our donor, Judge Bill Hereford, and “serve as a catalyst for change and … promote a community free of prejudice and mistreatment of others.”
To host a house party benefiting the LGBTQ Fund or for more information, contact Kim Rogers, Community Foundation Program Officer.