The LGBTQ Fund is a charitable endowment at the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham that supports programs in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount, and Walker counties which:
- Strengthen the infrastructure of organizations led by or serving LGBTQ persons
- Support the provision of services to LGBTQ youth, individuals and families
- Provide educational opportunities that highlight the needs of the LGBTQ community
- Advance collaboration between LGBTQ organizations and other community organizations
- Support nonprofit partners working on public policy and social justice issues that intersect with LGBTQ concerns
To host a house party benefiting the LGBTQ Fund or for more information, contact Kim Rogers, Community Foundation Program Officer.
A report that summarizeds the results of the Living LGBTQ in Central Alabama Needs Assessment that was conducted in 2015 on behalf of the LGBTQ Fund of the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham. To view the report: