The mission of this Fund is to cultivate one community that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning individuals and families with the belief that all people should be treated with equal respect and dignity in a welcoming and affirming community.
The 2020 LGBTQ Fund grant cycle is now open, applications due by Thursday, April 30, 2020.
LGBTQ Fund Grant Guidelines
Empowering Equality at the LGBTQ Fund
The LGBTQ Fund is a charitable endowment at the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham that supports programs in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount, and Walker counties :
- Strengthen the infrastructure of organizations led by or serving LGBTQ persons
- Support the provision of services to LGBTQ youth, individuals and families
- Provide educational opportunities that highlight the needs of the LGBTQ community
- Advance collaboration between LGBTQ organizations and other community organizations
- Support nonprofit partners working on public policy and social justice issues that intersect with LGBTQ concerns
LGBTQ Fund Awarded $40,000 Matching Grant
The LGBTQ Fund has been recognized by a national foundation for LGBTQ issues. Our fund received a grant from their “Out in the South” initiative, which will match 50% of all donations up to $80,000! Our matching grant provides us with an amazing opportunity to accelerate our momentum. Please make a donation now and help us maximize the matching grant and turn $80,000 into $100,000!Donate Now