The mission of this Fund is to cultivate one community that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning individuals and families with the belief that all people should be treated with equal respect and dignity in a welcoming and affirming community.
Empowering Equality at the LGBTQ Fund
The LGBTQ Fund is a charitable endowment at the Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham that supports programs in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount, and Walker counties :
- Strengthen the infrastructure of organizations led by or serving LGBTQ persons
- Support the provision of services to LGBTQ youth, individuals and families
- Provide educational opportunities that highlight the needs of the LGBTQ community
- Advance collaboration between LGBTQ organizations and other community organizations
- Support nonprofit partners working on public policy and social justice issues that intersect with LGBTQ concerns
LGBTQ Fund Awarded $40,000 Matching Grant
The LGBTQ Fund has been recognized by a national foundation for LGBTQ issues. Our fund received a grant from their “Out in the South” initiative, which will match 50% of all donations up to $80,000! Our matching grant provides us with an amazing opportunity to accelerate our momentum. Please make a donation now and help us maximize the matching grant and turn $80,000 into $100,000!